Monday, July 19, 2010
July 17, 2010 – Out of the thousands of comic books stores across the country and around the world, Columbus, Ohio’s own Packrat Comics has been nominated for the 2010 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailing Award, an award given to comic book retailers similar to that of the Oscars Life Time Achievement Award. They says it’s just an honor to be nominated and as hard as that can be to digest, to see the requirements of a nomination and the standards established by past recipients, this truly is one of those rare moments that the phrase applies.
Jamie Colegrove, owner of Packrat Comics said “When we received a letter in the mail on May 3, 2010 we could not believe that we had been noticed and nominated.” The letter included a request for documentation showing how Packrat Comics met these qualifications and they spent the next two months putting together what had been requested. Colegrove continued “We’re excited to have made it this far in the process, being one out of the twenty selected. And equally eager to go to San Diego Comic Con this week to learn about the other stores that have been nominated as well as bringing those ideas back to and improving Packrat”
Established in 1993, the award is presented to "an individual retailer performing an outstanding job of supporting the comics art medium both in the community and within the industry at large." Nominees are judged based on the following criteria:
* Support of a wide variety of innovative material: Providing opportunities for creators’ material to reach buyers; stocking a diverse inventory.
* Knowledge: Working to stay informed on retailing as well as on the comics field.
* Community activity: Promoting comics to the community; maintaining relationships with schools and libraries; keeping active in social, business, and arts community organizations.
* Quality of store image: Innovative display approaches; using store design creatively.
* Adherence to standard ethical business practices.
The winner will be announced during the Eisner Awards presentation on Friday at Comic-Con International in San Diego and can be watched on G4.
For additional information contact Jamie Colegrove at (614) 527-8450 or via email at email@example.com.
Established in 1993, Packrat Comics is a premier full service comic book store family owned and operated by Jamie & Teresa Colegrove serving all of central Ohio .
3872 Lattimer Street
Hilliard, Ohio 43026